NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Directors of the Channel Islands Beach Community Services District will hold A Special Meeting beginning at 3:00 PM on Tuesday, August 25, 2015. The Meeting will be held at the District Office Conference Room, located at 353 Santa Monica Drive, Channel Islands Beach, CA. 93035. The agenda is as follows:
A. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
B. PUBLIC COMMENTS:
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Approve the Agenda Order
2. Financial Reports:
a. Cash Disbursal & Receipt Report –None
3. Operations & Maintenance Report –
D. ACTION CALENDAR
1. Consider Letter of Intent to be provided to Blue Dolphin Environmental Resources
Recommendation: Authorize General Manager to sign and deliver the Letter of Intent as proposed.
2. Consider authorizing services with Valve Tek Utility Services, Inc. for zero discharge flushing program to protect water quality in specific areas of the District.
Recommendation: Authorize unbudgeted expenditure of up $8,500. From District Water Unanticipated Repair and Maintenance Reserve Fund for Zero Discharge Flushing Services to be provided by Valve Tek Utility Services, Inc.
3. Consider award of Contract to Raftelis Financial Consultants , INC. for Channel Islands Beach Community Services District Combined Water and Sewer Rate Study
Recommendation: Award Contract to Raftlis Financial Consultants, INC . in the amount of $68,994 ($49,676 Water - $19,318 Waste Water) and authorize staff a 10% contingency in the amount of $7,000 for a total contract expense of not to exceed $75,994.
4. Discussion regarding evaluation of pre treatment at the Port Hueneme Water Agency Plant for the purpose of removing iron and manganese so the R.O treatment trains can run and restore high quality water deliveries to the PHWA service area
Recommendation: No action required
E. INFORMATION CALENDAR
1. Report from Board Members of any meeting or conference where compensation from the District for attendance was received.
2. General Manager report
F. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
G. GENERAL COUNSEL & GENERAL MANAGER COMMENTS
H. CLOSED SESSION – None
AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
This agenda was posted Friday,
August 21, 2015 by 5:00 PM. The agenda is posted at the District Office and
three public notice bulletin boards, which are accessible 24 hours per
day. The locations include:
REQUESTS FOR DISABILITY-RELATED MODIFICATION OR ACCOMMODATION, INCLUDING AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES, IN ORDER TO ATTEND OR PARTICIPATE IN A MEETING, SHOULD BE MADE TO THE SECRETARY OF THE BOARD IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING TO ENSURE THE AVAILABILITY OF REQUESTED SERVICE OR ACCOMODATION. NOTICES, AGENDAS AND PUBLIC DOCUMENTS RELATED TO THE BOARD MEETINGS CAN BE MADE AVAILABLE IN ALTERNATIVE FORMAT UPON REQUEST.
Agenda and Board Packet August 25, 2015
Agenda and Board Packet August 11, 2015
Agenda and Board Packet July 14, 2015
Agenda and Board Packet 6-9-15 Part one; Part two
Agenda and Board Packet 5-26-15
Agenda and Board Packet 5-12-15
Agenda and Board Packet 4-28-15 Part one; Part two
Agenda and Board Packet 4-14-15 Budget