BOARD OF DIRECTORS
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Directors of the Channel Islands Beach Community Services District will hold A Regular Meeting beginning at 7:00 PM on Tuesday, July 12, 2016. The Meeting will be held at the District Office Conference Room, 353 Santa Monica Drive, Channel Islands Beach, CA. 93035. The Agenda is as follows:
A. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
B. PUBLIC COMMENTS: Opportunity for members of the public to address the Board on matters under the purview of the District and which are not on the agenda. (Time limit 3 minutes per speaker)
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Approve the Agenda Order
2. Financial Reports:
a. Cash Disbursal & Receipt Report –June 2016
3. Operations & Maintenance Report –
a. June 2016
a. June 7, 2016
b. June 9, 2016
c. June 22, 2016
5. Authorize customer request for relief from water charges due to leaks on the property consistent with Resolution 07-01
a. Account # 17261.01 for $85.84
D. ACTION CALENDAR
1. Consider Resolution 16-04 A RESOLUTION ESTABLISHING TEMPORARY EXPENDITURE AUTHORITY FOR THE PERIOD BEGINNING JULY 1, 2016 THROUGH AUGUST 09, 2016 AUTHORIZING DISTRICT EXPENDITURES NECESSARY TO ENSURE THE DISTRICT PROVIDES FOR PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY, FULFILLS ITSCONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS, MAINTAIN COMPLIANCE WITH STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL LAWS AND
REGULATIONS, AND CONTINUES WITH ROUTINE DISTRICT OPERATIONS AND SERVICE TO DISTRICT CUSTOMERS
Recommendation: Approve and adopt Resolution 16-04
2. Consider authorizing Board Member travel related expenses to attend the CASA 61st Annual Conference, August 10th -12th, 2016.
Recommendation: Approve Board Member Travel and related expenses
3. Consider retaining Teaman, Ramirez and Smith, Inc. as District Auditors for the next 2 years per the option in the current contract.
Recommendation: Approve 2 year option with Teaman, Ramirez and Smith, Inc.
4. Bad Debt Write-Off from FY 14-15 to be written off in Fiscal Year 15/16
Recommendation: Authorize Bad Debt Write Off acquired in fiscal year 14/15 to be written off with the closing of fiscal year 15/16, in the amount of $4,248.70
5. Consider nomination for Ventura Local Agency Formation Commission on Oversight (LAFCO) Special District Alternate Member.
Recommendation: Board action as appropriate
E. INFORMATION CALENDAR
1. Report from Board Members of any meeting or conference where compensation from the District for attendance was received.
F. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
G. GENERAL COUNSEL & GENERAL MANAGER COMMENTS
H. CLOSED SESSION – 1 Items
1. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION
(Pursuant to Paragraph 1 of subdivision (d) of Government Code Section 54956.9)
Name of case: Rodriguez v. Channel Islands Beach Public Facilities Corporation, case no. 56-2016-00482602-SC-SC-VTA.
AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
This agenda was posted Friday, July
8, 2016 by 5:00 PM. The agenda is posted at the District Office and three
public notice bulletin boards, which are accessible 24 hours per day. The locations include:
REQUESTS FOR DISABILITY-RELATED MODIFICATION OR ACCOMMODATION, INCLUDING AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES, IN ORDER TO ATTEND OR PARTICIPATE IN A MEETING, SHOULD BE MADE TO THE SECRETARY OF THE BOARD IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING TO ENSURE THE AVAILABILITY OF REQUESTED SERVICE OR ACCOMODATION. NOTICES, AGENDAS AND PUBLIC DOCUMENTS RELATED TO THE BOARD MEETINGS CAN BE MADE AVAILABLE IN ALTERNATIVE FORMAT UPON REQUEST.
Agenda and Board Packet 07-12-16
Agenda and Board Packet 06-07-16 Part A1; Part A2; Part B1; Part C1
Agenda and Board Packet 04-26-16
Agenda and Board Packet 04-12-16 Part A1; Part A2; Part A3; Part A4; Part A5; Part A6; Part B1; Part B2; Part B3; Part B4; Part B5; Part B6;
Part C1; Part C2; Part C3; Part C4; Part C5; Part C6; Part C7; Part C8
Agenda and Board Packet 03-08-16 Part1; Part2; Part3
Agenda and Board Packet 02-09-2016 Part 1; Part 2
Agenda and Board Packet 01-12-2016