NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Directors of the Channel Islands Beach Community Services District will hold A Regular Meeting beginning at 7:00 PM on Tuesday, May 24, 2016. The Meeting will be held at the District Office Conference Room, 353 Santa Monica Drive, Channel Islands Beach, CA. 93035. The Agenda is as follows:
A. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
B. PUBLIC COMMENTS: Opportunity for members of the public to address the Board on matters under the purview of the District and which are not on the agenda. (Time limit 3 minutes per speaker)
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Approve the Agenda Order
2. Financial Reports: None
3. Operations & Maintenance Report –None
a. May 10, 2016
5. Review report from March 29, 2016 State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Drinking Water Annual Inspection
Recommendation: Receive and File
D. ACTION CALENDAR
1. Budget Workshop: Review 2016/17 Proposed Budget, Rates and review of proposed Proposition 218 Notice that will propose rate increases for the next 5 years.
Recommendation: Review the proposed budget and make modifications as appropriate
2. Consider Claim for damages allegedly caused by a District owned Neighborhood Watch Sign. Claimant John Rodriguez
Recommendation: Reject the claim and authorize transmittal of a Merit Rejection Letter
3. Consider approval of Resolution 16-03 Requesting Consolidation of the Channel Islands Beach Community Services District Election with the Statewide General Election.
Recommendation: Adopt Resolution 16-03; Approve the ‘Notice of Elective Offices to be Filled’ with the candidates being responsible for cost of candidate statements in the sample ballot.
4. May 16, 2016, Port Hueneme Water Agency Agenda Packet
Recommendation: Review Board Packet
E. INFORMATION CALENDAR
1. Report from Board Members of any meeting or conference where compensation
from the District for attendance was received.
2. Update on Oxnard Pleasant Valley (OPV) – Stake Holders Group
a) April 6, 2016 meeting minutes
b) April 27, 2016 meeting minutes
c) DRAFT Unverified Data Presentations
d) Next meeting – May 23, 2016
3. Update on Oxnard Hueneme Pipeline Agreement negotiations between the Port Hueneme Water Agency, City of Oxnard and United Water Conservation District.
F. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
G. GENERAL COUNSEL & GENERAL MANAGER COMMENTS
H. CLOSED SESSION – 1 Items
1. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Significant exposure to litigation matter pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (d) of Government Code Section 54956.9: one case.
CIBCSD has received a claim for a refund of sewer service fees paid by a customer pursuant to Government Code Section 53082
AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
This agenda was posted Friday, May 20,
2016 by 5:00 PM. The agenda is posted at the District Office and three public
notice bulletin boards, which are accessible 24 hours per day. The locations include:
REQUESTS FOR DISABILITY-RELATED MODIFICATION OR ACCOMMODATION, INCLUDING AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES, IN ORDER TO ATTEND OR PARTICIPATE IN A MEETING, SHOULD BE MADE TO THE SECRETARY OF THE BOARD IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING TO ENSURE THE AVAILABILITY OF REQUESTED SERVICE OR ACCOMODATION. NOTICES, AGENDAS AND PUBLIC DOCUMENTS RELATED TO THE BOARD MEETINGS CAN BE MADE AVAILABLE IN ALTERNATIVE FORMAT UPON REQUEST.
Agenda and Board Packet 04-26-16
Agenda and Board Packet 04-12-16 Part A1; Part A2; Part A3; Part A4; Part A5; Part A6; Part B1; Part B2; Part B3; Part B4; Part B5; Part B6;
Part C1; Part C2; Part C3; Part C4; Part C5; Part C6; Part C7; Part C8
Agenda and Board Packet 03-08-16 Part1; Part2; Part3
Agenda and Board Packet 02-09-2016 Part 1; Part 2
Agenda and Board Packet 01-12-2016