NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Directors of the Channel Islands Beach Community Services District will hold A Regular Meeting beginning at 7:00 PM on Tuesday, April 26, 2016. The Meeting will be held at the District Office Conference Room, 353 Santa Monica Drive, Channel Islands Beach, CA. 93035. The Agenda is as follows:
A. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
B. PUBLIC COMMENTS: Opportunity for members of the public to address the Board on matters under the purview of the District and which are not on the agenda. (Time limit 3 minutes per speaker)
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Approve the Agenda Order
2. Financial Reports:
a. Cash Disbursal & Receipt Report –None
3. Operations & Maintenance Report –
a. April 12, 2016
5. Authorize customer request for relief from water charges due to leaks on the property consistent with Resolution 07-01
a. Account # 18351-02 $264.32
D. ACTION CALENDAR
1. Consider authorizing engagement of Peter Candy, attorney with Hollister & Brace Law Firm to represent the District on matters related to the development of the Ground Water Sustainability Plan (GSP) and other District rights related to groundwater extraction and allocations.
Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to execute the Agreement for Representation.
2. Budget Workshop: Review 2016/17 Proposed Budget, Rates and review of proposed Proposition 218 Notice that will propose rate increases for the next 5 years.
Recommendation: Review the proposed budget and make modifications as appropriate
3. Review of the District General Manager-The Board may meet in closed session to discuss the evaluation, and make an announcement following the closed session. Any discussion regarding compensation will occur in the open session.
Recommendation: Board Discretion
E. INFORMATION CALENDAR
1. Report from Board Members of any meeting or conference where compensation from the District for attendance was received.
F. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
G. GENERAL COUNSEL & GENERAL MANAGER COMMENTS
H. CLOSED SESSIONS – 2 Items
1. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - Regarding evaluation of performance, discipline or dismissal of public employees in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.
1 employee District General Manager
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Significant exposure to litigation matter pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (d) of Government Code Section 54956.9: one case.
CIBCSD has received a claim for a refund of sewer service fees paid by a customer pursuant to Government Code Section 53082
AGENDA POSTING CERTIFICATION
This agenda was posted Friday, 22,
2016 by 5:00 PM. The agenda is posted at the District Office and three public
notice bulletin boards, which are accessible 24 hours per day. The locations include:
REQUESTS FOR DISABILITY-RELATED MODIFICATION OR ACCOMMODATION, INCLUDING AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES, IN ORDER TO ATTEND OR PARTICIPATE IN A MEETING, SHOULD BE MADE TO THE SECRETARY OF THE BOARD IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING TO ENSURE THE AVAILABILITY OF REQUESTED SERVICE OR ACCOMODATION. NOTICES, AGENDAS AND PUBLIC DOCUMENTS RELATED TO THE BOARD MEETINGS CAN BE MADE AVAILABLE IN ALTERNATIVE FORMAT UPON REQUEST.
Agenda and Board Packet 04-26-16
Agenda and Board Packet 04-12-16 Part A1; Part A2; Part A3; Part A4; Part A5; Part A6; Part B1; Part B2; Part B3; Part B4; Part B5; Part B6;
Part C1; Part C2; Part C3; Part C4; Part C5; Part C6; Part C7; Part C8
Agenda and Board Packet 03-08-16 Part1; Part2; Part3
Agenda and Board Packet 02-09-2016 Part 1; Part 2
Agenda and Board Packet 01-12-2016